You're pretty much ruined for life (in the best possible way) when you experience a creation from the infamous Fig & Salt. Whether it be a signature statement cake or a decadent dessert box, Cass Morris knows her flavours and is the queen of treating our taste buds to the sweet magic. Cass heads up delicious Fig & Salt in Melbourne and has whipped us up a batch of Gooey Dark Choc Peanut Butter Cookies using LOVE SHAKE Creamy Vanilla Protein Powder.
3 cups bakers flour (or a good quality plain flour)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup Nuttelex
2 tbsp soft/melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup vegan dark chocolate cut into chunks (or any good quality dark chocolate)
• Preheat oven to 170°C
• Cream Nuttelex and brown sugar in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Turn mixer to low and add vanilla, coconut oil and peanut butter.
• Gradually add lour and protein powder and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks so they are distributed through the cookie dough. Roll into a big delicious ball and refrigerate for about an hour.
• Remove from fridge and bring cookie dough to room temperature. Roll into golfball sized portions.
• Space 2cm apart on a lined baking tray and gently flatten with the back of a metal spoon.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes. Check progress around 7 mins, opening oven and gently press cookies down with a spatula. Continue to bake for the remaining 5-7 minutes.
• Place on wire rack to cool, sprinkle with sea salt to serve and enjoy!
Photography: Bobby Clark
Styling: Fig & Salt