Bliss Balls: Christmas Pudding Style
In the lead up to the silly season, treats (and treats in abundance for that matter) are a must! Look no further, because we have come across the perfect sweet treat for the season: a bliss ball that tastes like Christmas pudding. The best part is that you can eat them guilt-free, because they are mostly made up of fruit and nuts. Bonus points must be awarded for how cute they look! Let’s get baking.
What you’ll need for this delicious, raw vegan dessert:
FOR THE PUDDING:
- ¼ dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 scoop Love Shake Creamy Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
- Decorations: currants or cranberries - your choice!
FOR THE FROSTING (aka: the best part!):
- ½ cup raw cashews (soak them overnight, or for at least 3 hours)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP milk (soy, almond, coconut - your choice!)
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
How to make the bliss balls:
FOR THE PUDDING:
- First, add all the fruits, nuts, and the zests (orange and lemon) as well as the powders (cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg) to your food blender.
- Blend for a few minutes or until the mixture becomes sticky. PRO TIP: If you are wanting a finer texture, try processing the nuts first (You’re welcome)
- Make your bliss balls: roll even sized balls whilst flattening the top of each (only slightly)
FOR THE FROSTING:
- First, add your cashews, followed by the maple syrup, milk of choice, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth (make sure your mixture is free from cashew lumps and bumps). FYI: If you soak your cashews prior to making the bliss balls, it will create a smoother consistency.
- Depending on your preference, you can either pop your frosting into the fridge for it to firm before using it or you can apply it straight away for a drip-effect
- Let’s decorate! Grab your decoration of choice (currants or cranberries are ideal) and place them on top of your bliss ball.
- Make sure you store them correctly: place your sealed container in either the fridge or freezer so you can enjoy fresh treats at your discretion.
- Enjoy a bliss ball with loved ones (or save them all for yourself, we won’t judge)
We hope you enjoy these sweet treats, and wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
The Team at Love Shake