Wanting an easy and delicious treat to share with your friends and family this Halloween? Well you’re in luck, because we are sharing our vegan choc hazelnut cupcake recipe that will definitely not disappoint. These cupcakes are a chocolate lover's dream come true with extra fluffy sponge and rich chocolate icing! Oh and don’t forget these cupcakes are packed full of Love Shake’s vegan protein. Yum.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 240ml almond milk or any other plant-based milk
- 3 tsp vinegar
- 95ml coconut oil
- 70g light brown sugar
- 1 40g scoop of Love Shake’s Choc Hazelnut Protein Powder
- 110g plain white flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50g cocoa powder
- 180g vegan butter
- 300g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp almond milk unsweetened
- Sprinkd Edible Sugar Eyes
- Halloween sprinkles
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F (fan forced) and line muffin tin with wrappers.
- Combine almond milk and vinegar (to create what is called vegan sour milk). Stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut oil and sugar.
- Pour over your sour milk and stir.
- In a separate bowl, sift all your dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour or spoon in your mixture until the cupcake mould is ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the cupcakes when a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
For the icing:
- Whisk together all of your icing ingredients using a metal or electric whisk. It’s very important that your icing is stiff and holds its shape.
- Check if your icing is stiff enough. Run a fork, spoon or spatula through the icing. If it stays still and firm, your icing is ready. If not, add more icing sugar one tablespoon at a time.
- Grab your icing and spoon it into your icing bag to fill it. If you don’t have an icing bag, a plastic ziplock bag will work just fine! Just cut a tiny corner of the ziplock bag once filled up :)
- Start at the outer side and create a spiraling circle on top of your cupcake. Move slowly but firmly.
Now for the fun part, add in your edible googly eye sprinkles to make your cupcakes cute or scary looking! Get your kids involved and have fun with it!
For more delicious recipes like this, make sure you have signed up for our newsletter to get notified every time we post a new blog or recipe, and best of all receive 10% off your next purchase.